Apply First Aid (Senior) Update
1 Day Update Course with no Pre-study - HLTFA301B
Training in Sydney, Regional NSW, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth & Adelaide
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills in providing first aid and basic life support until arrival of medical assistance. This includes calling for help, the ability to respond to first aid situations, casualty assessment, decision making and basic life support functions including Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). This course covers adult and child conditions.
- Assessment and management of emergency situations and casualty
- Apply life support skills in accordance with Resuscitation Council guidelines
- Operation of automated external defibrillator
- First aid management for burns, bites, stings and poisoning
- Identification and management of bleeding and wounds
- Recognition and management of internal bleeding
- First aid management for bone and joint injuries
- Procedures for managing major and minor injury and illness
- First aid management for chest, abdominal, pelvic and head injuries
- The basic structure and function of the human body
- Infection control principals and procedures
Current Apply First Aid certificate HLTFA301B. Students must be at least 14 years of age at the time of attendance.
7.5 hours face to face practical training.
On successful completion of the course participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited course - Apply First Aid HLTFA301B.
The certificate is valid for three (3) years from the completion date. The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation skills be refreshed annually.
Contact our Apply First Aid Team:
For further information or to book in for Apply First Aid Group Training, contact Healthcorp Head Office on 1300 852 475.