Health and Safety Representative (HSR) Training
1 Day Gap Course for Health & Safety Representatives.
Training available in Sydney.
A 1 day gap training course designed to provide Health & Safety Representative's (HSR’S) with an understanding of their role under the new WHS legislation.
The course is divided into 5 sessions covering important aspects of the role and powers of elected HSR’s as detailed in the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
1. Work Health and Safety framework, terminology and duties
- WHS framework
- WHS terminology, duty holders and duties
- Role and function of the regulator
- Penalties under the WHS Act
2. Consultation, participation and representation
- Consultation under the WHS legislation - Work groups
- Election and role of HSR's
- Role of a health and safety committee
- Role of a PCBU and the inspectorate in consultation
3. Issue resolution and support for HSR's
- Role of the HSR in consultation
- Investigating complaints
- Issue resolution
- Assistance and support for HSR's
4. Managing risks and notifiable incidents
- Managing risk and related duties
- Monitoring and review of risk controls - PCBUs and HSR's
- Notifiable incidents - roles and duties
5. Provisional Improvement Notices (PIN's) and ceasing unsafe work
- Overview of PIN's
- Circumstances for issuing PIN's and ceasing unsafe work
- Ceasing unsafe work
The training is primarily for those participants who were elected OHS Committee members or OHS Representatives who have been elected as Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s) under the WHS Act.
Completion of the former four day WorkCover course in OHS Consultation is a pre-requisite. Participants must provide a copy of their certificate obtained under the OHS Regulation 2001.
The face to face training is for 1 day and includes a balanced content of theory and class participation through the examination of case studies, open discussion and practical application.
Students are required to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the course commencement or will be refused entry.
Course Notes and handouts.
Requirements for Completion
Attendance at all sessions of the course.
Healthcorp is a national training organisation providing discounted training for groups of up to 15 students at your office or workplace.
The Health and Safety Representative Gap course can be customised to meet your industry requirements. Healthcorp also provides an Advanced Management System to notify clients and students when certificates are due to expire, ensuring staff are always compliant.
Our trainers have 10 years of industry experience and guarantee a professional learning experience. State-of-the art resources and learning material are provided for theory and practical learning and all students must pass the course prior to receiving certification.
Contact our customer service team to book in your group training.
Statement of Completion, presented on a certificate. Certificates are posted the week following each course.
Course content is approved by WorkCover NSW, and conforms to the Work Health and Safety Act. The course is delivered by WorkCover NSW approved trainers and is nationally recognised.
Once enrolled, Healthcorp will email students a Health and Safety Representative Gap booking confirmation with venue details and maps, course requirements and terms of enrolment.
HSR Public Course Locations
Frenchs Forest - Device Technologies, Unit 6 / 25 Frenches Forest Road - view map
Contact our HRS Health and Safety Representatives Training Team
For further information in undertaking the training, contact Healthcorp on 1300 852 475.